This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: question regarding new warning
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>, Daniel Gutson <daniel dot gutson at tallertechnologies dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:15:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: question regarding new warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF5HaEV2vt=epA4h-rPGDNnXtUFWXhJeqyAF0k06b1Wuoec97g at mail dot gmail dot com> <5333D6F5 dot 5080008 at redhat dot com> <5333E6CD dot 1030209 at redhat dot com>
On 27 March 2014 08:52, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Yes, this warning needs to take whitespace into account. But then, I
> suppose it would be fine.
That's what I was thinking. I've never seen someone write x =- 4 intentionally.
People who write x=-4 without any whitespace at all would just have to
live without the benefit of the warning.