Re: [Question] How to deliver loop-related pragma information from TREE to RTL?

> Look at how we implement #pragma ivdep (see replace_loop_annotate ()
> and fortran/trans-stmt.c where it builds ANNOTATE_EXPR).

Note that the C and C++ front-ends also support it.

We are planning to submit a patch to add more loop pragmas as soon as stage #1
opens, so the design could as well be discussed now.  In order to support the
kind of pragmas suggested here, ANNOTATE_EXPR would need to get a 3rd argument

/* ANNOTATE_EXPR.
   Operand 0 is the expression to be annotated.
   Operand 1 is the annotation kind.
   Operand 2 is the annotation value.  */
DEFTREECODE (ANNOTATE_EXPR, "annotate_expr", tcc_expression, 3)

The current way of attaching the ANNOTATE_EXPR to the condition of the loop is
a bit awkward since it doesn't naturally permit multiple annotations for a
given loop.  Any suggestion about how to overcome that?

--
Eric Botcazou