This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: LTO & top-level ASM
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Martin LiÅka <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:34:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: LTO & top-level ASM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5330327C dot 308 at suse dot cz>
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Martin LiÅka <email@example.com> wrote:
> I've been solving undefined symbols related to:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/PR57703. In chromium there's a following inline asm:
> asm(".type Syscall, @function\n" ...);
> intptr_t SandboxSyscall(...)
> asm volatile("call SyscallAsm");
Can you explain why you need that asm statement?
Normally the .type declaration would appear where the Syscall symbol
is defined. Why are you putting it elsewhere?