This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [GSoC 2014] Proposal: OpenCL Code Generator
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- To: Ilmir Usmanov <zfts at yandex dot ru>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:24:21 +1300
- Subject: Re: [GSoC 2014] Proposal: OpenCL Code Generator
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <664761395241331 at web18j dot yandex dot ru>
On Mar 20, 2014, at 4:02 AM, Ilmir Usmanov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all!
> My name is Ilmir Usmanov and I'm a student of Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
> Also I'm implementing OpenACC 1.0 in gomp4 branch as an employee of Samsung R&D Institute Russia (SRR). My research interests are connected with creating OpenCL Code Generator. So I'd like to participate GSoC 2014 with project called "OpenCL Code Generator" as an independent student. I will do the project during my free time, my employer will not pay for this.
I do not think you will qualify as a student for the GSoC program. Students are expected to work close to full-time during summer break and have GSoC as their main priority. With your employment obligation I don't think you will be able to commit to your GSoC project at that level.
If I am wrong in my assumptions above, and you can commit to the GSoC project being your first priority for the summer months, please apply with your proposal on the GSoC website. There is very little time left, so move fast.