This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GSoC Concepts - separate checking
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- To: Braden Obrzut <admin at maniacsvault dot net>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:54:16 +1300
- Subject: Re: GSoC Concepts - separate checking
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <531F99F8 dot 1020200 at maniacsvault dot net>
On Mar 12, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Braden Obrzut <email@example.com> wrote:
> My name is Braden Obrzut and I am a student from the University of Akron
> interested in contributing to GCC for GSoC. I am interested in working on a
> project related to the c++-concepts branch.
> In particular, I am interested in implementing mechanisms for checking the
> safety of constrained templates (separate checking). I have discussed the
> project with Andrew Sutton (who maintains the c++-concepts branch and happens
> to be a professor at Akron) and believe that some aspects of the work would be
> feasible within the three month time span. I also hope to continue working on
> the project as my honors thesis project.
> As a hobby I usually design and implement declarative languages for content
> definition in old video games. While I currently may have limited experience
> with GCC internals, I think this would be a great opportunity for me to learn
> how real compilers works and help with the development of the C++ programming
Do you have a proposal for a GSoC GCC project? If you do want to apply, please make sure you are registered at the GSoC website and have a application filed by end of Thursday (only 2 days left!).