This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New .rodata section.
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc\ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:10:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: New .rodata section.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGfacvQktTiOhsZ0jY-q+2SK20UNr7sry_HhFC1ffjbj=FcJfg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Umesh Kalappa <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Hi All ,
> We are porting gcc4.8.1 to the new target and we created the new
> .rodata section w.r.t flags by get_unnamed_section() .
> Now we need to associate the global %object data of type .word or
> .byte to the created .rodata section and also we need to emit the
> .rodata section in the asm file .
> Anyone can share their experice or some inputs or reference for the
> same will be appreciated.
> Thank you for the patience.
I'm not sure what the properties of this new section are compared to
plain .rodata, but you can select a section using hooks like