This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
WPA stream_out form & memory consumption
- From: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:09:06 +0100
- Subject: WPA stream_out form & memory consumption
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've been compiling Chromium with LTO and I noticed that WPA
stream_out forks and do parallel:
I am unable to fit in 16GB memory: ld uses about 8GB and lto1 about 6GB.
When WPA start to fork, memory consumption increases so that lto1 is
killed. I would appreciate an --param option to disable this WPA fork.
The number of forks is taken from build system (-flto=9) which is fine
for ltrans phase, because LD releases aforementioned 8GB.
What do you think about that?