This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
debug strings output order is arbitrary
- From: Martin Uecker <uecker at eecs dot berkeley dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 19:58:27 -0700
- Subject: debug strings output order is arbitrary
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
the strings in the ".debug_str" section are output
in an arbitrary order. Could this be changed?
The function 'output_indirect_strings' in 'gcc/dwarf2out.c'
uses htab_traverse which then outputs the string in the
order they appear in the hash table. Instead, it would
be nicer to output them based on their labels (which are
assigned based on the order of creation).
This would minimize differences between builds with
slightly different build environments, e.g. directory.