This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Legitimize address after reload
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: David Guillen <david at davidgf dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:56:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: Legitimize address after reload
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADQAGRNeu44kDVqPGQLt4faqQ1BhLhUE4o098yVOZxnMyiyMYw at mail dot gmail dot com>
David Guillen <email@example.com> writes:
> In any case I'm not using the restrict variable and I'm assuming
> strict is zero, this is, not checking the hard regsiters themselves.
> This is because any reg is OK for base reg. I'm pretty sure I'm
> behaving similarly to arm, cris or x86 backends.
"strict" doesn't mean which hard register it is, "strict" means whether
or not it's a hard register at all.
If "strict" is true, you must assume any REG which isn't a real hard
register (i.e. REGNO >= FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER) does NOT match.