This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Shouldn't unsafe-math-optimizations (re-)enable fp-contract=fast?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ian Bolton <ian dot bolton at arm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:01:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: Shouldn't unsafe-math-optimizations (re-)enable fp-contract=fast?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000001cf395b$7eab81d0$7c028570$ at email@example.com>
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, Ian Bolton wrote:
> Hi there,
> I see in common.opt that fp-contract=fast is the default for GCC.
> But then it gets disabled in c-family/c-opts.c if you are using ISO C
> (e.g. with -std=c99).
> But surely if you have also specified -funsafe-math-optimizations then
> it should flip it back onto fast?
That seems reasonable.
Joseph S. Myers