This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AVR] remove two maintainers
- From: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Brown <david at westcontrol dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, ÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ <aesok at post dot ru>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 21:22:53 +0400
- Subject: Re: [AVR] remove two maintainers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADOs=za0zj_u-zWC1TTGA6OE-+GA-sf7SceabfFBHoMWZH4wTQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53146906 dot 8010601 at westcontrol dot com> <CADOs=zbnrZzncqLtcsZ=fe-HEBPLkYiR=n9hCX+8vGFoYRv8_w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvnynVRfkrqJAv36=MQ8-iTVeaBS5CzyLaS+sbHQiq17ut4Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
2014-03-03 21:01 GMT+04:00 David Edelsohn <email@example.com>:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Denis Chertykov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> 2014-03-03 15:35 GMT+04:00 David Brown <email@example.com>:
>>> On 02/03/14 19:24, Denis Chertykov wrote:
>>>> I would remove two maintainers for AVR port:
>>>> 1. Anatoly Sokolov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>> 2. Eric Weddington <email@example.com>
>>>> I have discussed the removal with Anatoly Sokolov and he is agree with it.
>>>> I can't discuss the removal with Eric Weddington because his mail
>>>> address invalid.
>>>> Must somebody approve the removal ? (Or I can just apply it)
>>> Eric Weddington has left Atmel, so his address will no longer be valid.
>>> I don't know if he still has time to work with AVRs, or if he would
>>> still be able to be a maintainer for the AVR port. But I am pretty sure
>>> that his new job will not involve AVR's significantly, so it would only
>>> be as a hobby (or at best, as a normal avr gcc user).
>>> Atmel includes gcc in their development tool (AVR Studio), as well as
>>> providing pre-built packages (for Windows and Linux) with the avr-libc
>>> library and related tools, using snapshots of mainline gcc with a few
>>> patches (for things like support of newer devices). So it seems
>>> reasonable to expect that they will be interested in the development and
>>> maintenance of the avr port of gcc even though Eric has now left them.
>>> If you would like, I can try to contact Atmel and ask if they have
>>> someone who would like to take Eric's seat as a port maintainer (or you
>>> could do so yourself from Atmel's website).
>> I'm not looking for additional maintainers I just want to remove inactive.
> Maintainers can resign at any time. Mentoring and nominating new
> maintainers is appreciated.
> Note that maintainers are a personal appointment, not a company
> appointment, so job changes do not affect maintainership.
> You can apply the change to remove Anatoly's name. Someone should
> confirm with Eric Weddington that he wishes to resign.
Thank you for explanation.
I'm waiting for Eric.
His new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org