This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AVR] remove two maintainers
- From: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- To: David Brown <david at westcontrol dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, ÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ <aesok at post dot ru>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:04:01 +0400
- Subject: Re: [AVR] remove two maintainers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADOs=za0zj_u-zWC1TTGA6OE-+GA-sf7SceabfFBHoMWZH4wTQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53146906 dot 8010601 at westcontrol dot com>
2014-03-03 15:35 GMT+04:00 David Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On 02/03/14 19:24, Denis Chertykov wrote:
>> I would remove two maintainers for AVR port:
>> 1. Anatoly Sokolov <email@example.com>
>> 2. Eric Weddington <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> I have discussed the removal with Anatoly Sokolov and he is agree with it.
>> I can't discuss the removal with Eric Weddington because his mail
>> address invalid.
>> Must somebody approve the removal ? (Or I can just apply it)
> Eric Weddington has left Atmel, so his address will no longer be valid.
> I don't know if he still has time to work with AVRs, or if he would
> still be able to be a maintainer for the AVR port. But I am pretty sure
> that his new job will not involve AVR's significantly, so it would only
> be as a hobby (or at best, as a normal avr gcc user).
> Atmel includes gcc in their development tool (AVR Studio), as well as
> providing pre-built packages (for Windows and Linux) with the avr-libc
> library and related tools, using snapshots of mainline gcc with a few
> patches (for things like support of newer devices). So it seems
> reasonable to expect that they will be interested in the development and
> maintenance of the avr port of gcc even though Eric has now left them.
> If you would like, I can try to contact Atmel and ask if they have
> someone who would like to take Eric's seat as a port maintainer (or you
> could do so yourself from Atmel's website).
I'm not looking for additional maintainers I just want to remove inactive.