This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A 404 error in gcc-4.8.2 onlinedocs
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Gleb Smirnov <me at gvsmirnov dot ru>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 01:27:24 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: A 404 error in gcc-4.8.2 onlinedocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAE5kBbTu_92jm_vwH=krV9qeOQnZ6aiJKhXWa2V6edcsKSJ2aQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014, Gleb Smirnov wrote:
> I have been browsing the online docs here:
> Turns out that clicking on "3.6 Options Controlling Objective-C and
> Objective-C++ Dialects" results in a 404 error.
> That is, http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/Objective-C-and-Objective-C_002b_002b-Dialect-Options.html
> does no exist.
thanks for the report, I just fixed this "manually".
For a bit more background refer to
in a nutshell, this was due to what I consider broken design in
makeinfo and an incomplete workaround on our side.
I did not touch the documentation of released versions of GCC
and the docs for GCC 4.8.3 will not exhibit this problem when
created, but since you ran into this and reported it, I now
did that fixup for gcc-4.8.2/gcc.