This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: clang vs free software
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Chris Lattner <clattner at apple dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Eric Raymond <esr at thyrsus dot com>, Helmut Eller <eller dot helmut at gmail dot com>, rms at gnu dot org, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 00:48:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: clang vs free software
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJnXXoi2MLpZWxOxknR=mNR91JdZcHrKRsqYZSWY373fvwxObg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87eh439w1n dot fsf at uwakimon dot sk dot tsukuba dot ac dot jp> <CAJnXXojjSAWL8cqZp0X16xa81R73huywtTS90p6O3CpRaPOiDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <jwvwqhu8zcg dot fsf-monnier+emacs at gnu dot org> <87ha8yqvup dot fsf at engster dot org> <E1W5cXI-0000j4-8x at fencepost dot gnu dot org> <CAJnXXoiuzZhjDGpvXY7psee=+bXn1rB+GdELYP0FS0CuWPqYeQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <E1W6HwP-0001WU-Tg at fencepost dot gnu dot org> <87r47zezcc dot fsf at fencepost dot gnu dot org> <m2eh3ykc3y dot fsf at gmail dot com> <20140123174934 dot GA10933 at thyrsus dot com> <CABu31nMSPdsGU-sAcO_HnFRetqQDgk5fQ3R12aYA0aqTvgdx+A at mail dot gmail dot com> <8E23EFFC-88C3-48BE-97AB-77207DA32499 at apple dot com> <CAH6eHdT1zPdbc0=nJ+CgjWHUzjTsukHk6hKQA6hZ+VK9-cWbfw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 01/24/2014 12:12 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 23 January 2014 22:56, Chris Lattner wrote:
Unrelated to this thread, it would be great for this web page to get updated. You may find it to be "a better-supported point of view", but it is also comparing against clang 3.2, which is from the end of 2012, and a lot has changed since then.
Like a lot has changed since the GCC 4.2 version used in
(I'm glad the page acknowledges it uses that version now, thanks to
whoever did that!)
Ask them about the Fortran performance.
Cray, Inc. doesn't have any problem to include gfortran with their
latest supercomputing offerings as one of the three supported compilers
(their own, Intel's, and GNU).
ECMWF  just bought one and is installing it.
Toon Moene - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/
Progress of GNU Fortran: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran#news