Re: gcc buildbot?

Hi,

Philippe Baril Lecavalier <pbl.ltx@gmail.com> writes:
> I have been experimenting with buildbot lately, and I would be glad to
> help in providing it. If there is interest, I could have a prototype and
> a detailed proposal ready in a few days. It could serve GCC, binutils
> and some important libraries as well.

Thanks for the offer.  I think the current state is that Jan-Benedict Glaw
has put together a buildbot for testing that binutils, gcc and gdb
build for a wide range of targets:

   http://toolchain.lug-owl.de/buildbot/

which has been very useful for catching target-specific build failures.
AFAIK the bot doesn't (and wasn't supposed to) check for testsuite
regressions, but I could be wrong about that.  There was some discussion
about adding testsuite coverage here:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-08/msg00317.html

I'm not sure how up-to-date that is though.

TBH, as you can probably tell, I'm not really the right person to be
answering your question :-)

Thanks,
Richard