This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Running contrib/config-list.mk from the buildbots
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>, gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:43:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Running contrib/config-list.mk from the buildbots
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD_=9DSVuYfWm2+qnsNVrWKB7q5yfb62Rktfo2-Nv9tR5obq-w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131119170312 dot GN30563 at lug-owl dot de> <CAD_=9DTrRKu2Zi_dw-W0LfKnOE+j8Fhk2+GHN8WffOjVOE9dOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131119181140 dot GP30563 at lug-owl dot de> <CAD_=9DTzmaMfVAe1XXoO_ZW_yzi89n0B1f502CbRhcgtcJL-9A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMqJFCoRFNXeAwkfSXoJc=uGmGaCki8ncnTYNDgZ4V0vBNk=Pg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Joern Rennecke
> On 19 November 2013 18:20, Diego Novillo <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Right, because you're using 4.8. These warnings disappear when using
>> trunk and/or do not actually break the build. I suppose this is too
>> much for the buildbot then? It won't have a recent trunk around, so
>> perhaps restricting it to the targets that actually build with 4.8 is
>> the way to go.
> No, that will likely get you the empty set.
> The most repeatable results are obtained by using the source tree under test
> to bootstrap a native compiler on the host first. If you use one massive host
> to run all of config-list.mk, that extra preparation generally doesn't make
> all that much difference (unless you happen to have a host with # of cores
> similar to # of test targets).
> If you run these tests on a host that also occaisonally does native bootstrap
> tests, you could extend that script to specify a --prefix and install
> the compiler
> if it's good.
Even when using the same compiler you just built, there are targets
that do not build cleanly with -Werror. I proposed cleaning them up.
Steven suggested that we take them out of config-list.mk. Either works