This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Enable -Wreturn-type by default ?
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:36:39 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Enable -Wreturn-type by default ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5283ABF2 dot 5010209 at debian dot org> <52884E2F dot 6040902 at warwick dot ac dot uk> <5288A5B8 dot 10107 at debian dot org>
- Reply-to: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Sun, 17 Nov 2013, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
On 17/11/2013 06:03, Alec Teal wrote:
I do hope Clang ('though I don't use it) doesn't make it an error
because not all functions have to return in C iirc.
It makes 120 packages fail to build from source in Debian (on 18854
That's cool, if clang forces people to update their code to C99, maybe
we'll be able to switch gcc to use -std=gnu99 by default one day...