This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Frame pointer and regalloc/reload
- From: Hendrik Greving <hendrik dot greving dot intel at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:29:40 -0800
- Subject: Frame pointer and regalloc/reload
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In case it is determined that a frame pointer is needed (in reload?),
who is supposed to make sure that the register that will hold the
frame pointer is not allocated for general use? We have a customized
register allocation mechanism, but I am trying to figure out /
understand the regular/general case first. For instance I am not sure
if I understand the usage of the fixed_regs table w.r.t. to the frame
pointer. Could anybody shed some light on this by any chance?