Re: [RFC] Replace Java with Go in default languages

On 11/13/13 04:06, Richard Biener wrote:

Well, I'm thinking that waiting time is not so much of an issue (you
can interleave other work).  People not testing all languages and
breaking bootstrap for others is the problem (that includes dropping
in not tested libgo updates - a reason why I never enable go).
You can interleave and I do it all the time. But even with interleaving, reducing cycle times is useful and valuable.

So I'd rather make --enable-languages=all do what it suggests,
enable all languages (minus disabling unsupported ones, even
due to missing host requirements like an Ada compiler).
And that's effectively what I suggested for stage3. I'm not sure it makes sense in stage1.

Jeff