Re: [RFC] Apple Blocks extension

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, Torvald Riegel wrote:

> What is the status of this or similar features (eg, lambdas) in ISO C?
> IOW, what was the feedback on the blocks part of
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1370.pdf, and are there
> any follow-ups?  IMHO, it would be preferable to support what might have
> a chance of ending up in ISO C.

There was no consensus on addition for C11 (see N1451/N1457, and the
Boulder minutes N1542).  There is no current revision process for a new C
standard version in which new features could be considered.  But I would
guess that to the extent such features are relevant for parallelism they
might be considered in the CPLEX group.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com