[RFC] Apple Blocks extension

Hi,

I am considering a project to add Apple's blocks [*] extension to GCC.  I am looking at adding blocks support to C, C++ and Obj-C/C++ front-ends.

There are many challenges (both technical and copyright) that require work before any patches are ready for review, and I would appreciate indication from front-end maintainers on whether a technically sound implementation of Blocks extension would be a welcome addition to GCC front-ends.

Joseph, Richard, as C front-end maintainers, would you be supportive of Blocks extension implemented for C front-end?

Jason, Mark, Nathan, as C++ front-end maintainers, would you be supportive of Blocks extension implemented for C++ front-end?

Mike, Stan, as Obj-C/C++ front-end maintainers, would you be supportive of Blocks extension implemented for Obj-C/C++ front-ends?

[*] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocks_(C_language_extension)

Thank you!

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov