Canadian cross build and libstdc++ configure

I have run into a obscure corner case while building and was wondering if
anyone can help me with it.  I am doing a canadian cross build, building
on x86 linux to create a GCC that runs on x86 windows and generates code
for bare-metal MIPS.  Most everything is working but I have run into one
problem while building libstdc++.

While running the libstdc++ configure script the GLIBCXX_CHECK_C99_TR1
macro checks for fenv.h.  That header file is not part of newlib, the
system header/library set that my cross-compiler is using but the
mips-mti-elf C++ compiler that I use to build libstdc++ (different then
the GCC I just built because that one runs on windows) does have an
fenv.h header file in it so HAVE_FENV_H is getting set and then the
new C++ fenv.h header that I am creating for my new canadian cross
compiler tries to do a "#include_next fenv.h" and it fails because
there is no fenv.h in the newlib headers to include.

The problem seems to be that GLIBCXX_CHECK_C99_TR1 is using the C++
compiler to check for fenv.h and not the C compiler.  But that choice
seems to be intentional so I am not sure what to do about it.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com