Re: Warning about __DATE__ and __TIME__

> as soon as a program uses __DATE__ or __TIME__ at least once, builds of the program will differ for that reason alone.

Indeed. But I don’t really see the point of a warning: it’s not the sort of feature you use and then accidentaly discover that they have unintended side-effect; it’s actually their purpose!

Moreover, if people want to check their codebase (as is RMS’s provided user case), they can simply grep for these macros, so it’s not like a warning in GCC is the simplest way to achieve their goal.

FX