Re: Git mirror: asan branch

On 04/07/13 14:59, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:54:58 -0700, Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 07/03/2013 02:47 AM, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>>> OK, that of course works, but from the wiki page I got the idea that it
>>> explicitly was meant to merge these together.  So assuming this used to
>>> work in the past, I wonder what so that it no longer does; such as Git
>>> allowing such duplicates merging in the past, and/or was the intersection
>>> of refs/remotes/* and refs/heads/* meant to be the empty set (then I
>>> assume the merging would work, too), but no longer is?
>>
>> Hmm, it looks like I wrote that up without actually doing it myself,
>> oops.  I'll correct the wiki.
>
> Hmm, seems the change you've done:
>
>     fetch = refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>     fetch = refs/remotes/*:refs/remotes/origin/remotes/*
>
> ..., is not ideal either: using Âgit fetch --verbose --prune I now see
> all the refs being downloaded -- and then immediatelly pruned again.  :-/
>
> Would the following be an appropriate variant?  Seems to work fine, but
> "disturbs" the regular Git refs namespace a bit?
>
>     fetch = refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*
>     fetch = refs/remotes/*:refs/remotes/upstream-remotes/*

Jason,

AFAIU you addressed this issue in the gcc wiki r108 (
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror?action=diff&rev1=107&rev2=108 ) on 2013-07-11.

However, I ran into the same problem with 'The various release branches':
$ for f in 4_8 ; do git config --add remote.origin.fetch
refs/remotes/gcc-$f-branch:refs/remotes/origin/gcc-$f-branch; done
$ git remote update
Fetching origin
fatal: refs/remotes/origin/gcc-4_8-branch tracks both refs/heads/gcc-4_8-branch
and refs/remotes/gcc-4_8-branch
error: Could not fetch origin

Following the changes you made in 'Fetching all branches', the command becomes:
git config --add remote.origin.fetch
refs/remotes/gcc-$f-branch:refs/remotes/svn/gcc-$f-branch

I could try that out, but apparently something more is needed:
Unfortunately, this doesn't work well with the git-svn configuration set up
above, because it expects the branches to be in remotes/origin. One way to deal
with this is to switch git-svn to use remotes/svn instead and adjust your local
branches to use remotes/svn for their upstream.
Can you translate the last sentence into shell/git command(s)?

Thanks
- Tom