Re: Intel(R) Memory Protection Extensions support in the GCC

On 07/25/2013 03:50 PM, Ilya Enkovich wrote:

Do you mean 'Bounds Directory' when say 'translation tables'? If yes,
then you should be able to access it by getting its address from
BNDCFGU register.

Good to know.

It is not clear how Bound Tables may be shared. Bound Tables are used
to hold bounds for pointers stored in memory, not for objects
allocated in memory.

Oh. I think I misread the specification then. Obviously, this supports more precise checking, covering pointer provenience and intra-object overflow checks. I'm worried that this adds quite a bit of memory overhead, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.