Re: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file

On 07/24/2013 10:39 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:

Well, of course.  It's a prerequisite for building GCC.  I presume that
Debian has the same abilities as Fedora, where if you want to build GCC
you just type

   yum-builddep gcc

and Fedora installs all the build reqs for GCC.

Yes, "apt-get build-dep gcc" should work, but will install quite a bit of other stuff that's not needed for building the more popular front ends.

I don't think that's easy to change because of the way dpkg handles file
conflicts (even if the files are identical) and how true multi-arch
support is implemented in Debian.

But hold on: if I just wanted to compile C programs I'd use the system's
C compiler.  Anyone building GCC for themself has a reason for doing so.

I suspect a fairly common exercise is to check if the trunk still has the bug you're about to report.