Re: Porting from old to new GCC versions

On 7/11/13 4:23 AM, Hendrik Greving wrote:
Hi, I have a hard time finding a good description of how old, obsolete
and now poisoned target macros and backend switches had been replaced
with. Examples are TARGET_SWITCHES, or CAN_DEBUG_WITHOUT_FP. I am
porting from a very old compiler version. Is there any documentation
(except ChangeLog which doesn't say much) available for these kind of
patches?

Regards,
Hendrik Greving

IMHO, the GCC Internals is the best documentation for your reference.
Some obsolete macros are explicitly described in chapter 17.9.
Other deprecated macros spread out over chapter 17 (e.g. FUNCTION_VALUE).

My suggestion is to review your target macros one by one.  See if they
still can be found in GCC Internals.

Best regards,
jasonwucj