Re: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 12:55:15AM -0500, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>> Personally, I don't see anything broken with that.  The world we are
>> in today is very different from a decade ago.  More than a decade ago,
>> a multilib build by default -probably- made sense; I don't see that today.
>
> But having multilib enabled by default on x86_64 is simply very highly
> desirable, checking that you have a (minimal, for gcc you pretty much only
> need glibc and libgcc development stuff) 32-bit environment is just
> one of the many items you need to check before you start building gcc.
> You also need gmp, mpfr, mpc development (headers+libraries), flex, bison,
> texinfo, ..., lots of this isn't installed by default.

But the situation is not the same.  These tools are checked at
configuration time, and the builder is let known in no uncertain terms
that something is missing.  If you don't have gmp or mfr installed,
configure will let you know, loudly complains, and won't budge until
you install the required tools.

The subject is very different.

-- Gaby