Re: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 12:55:15AM -0500, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Personally, I don't see anything broken with that.  The world we are
> in today is very different from a decade ago.  More than a decade ago,
> a multilib build by default -probably- made sense; I don't see that today.

But having multilib enabled by default on x86_64 is simply very highly
desirable, checking that you have a (minimal, for gcc you pretty much only
need glibc and libgcc development stuff) 32-bit environment is just
one of the many items you need to check before you start building gcc.
You also need gmp, mpfr, mpc development (headers+libraries), flex, bison,
texinfo, ..., lots of this isn't installed by default.

	Jakub