This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Compiling GCC under Cygwin


Hi Arjen,

Il 20/06/2013 21.41, Arjen Markus ha scritto:
I found a reference to this sort of problems in the Cygwin FAQs, but
this turned out to be a dead-end too.
So I thought, I'd try MinGW/MSYS instead.

It started off fairly well, however:

- For some reason the gcc compiler did not like the /d/gcc-src/...
path (from $srcdir) - it could not find the
   include file gmp-h.in. So I changed that to d:/gcc-src/... And that
worked, until ...

- the source file gen-fac.c was missing from the build directory for
gmp. So I copied the various source files
   manually. And that worked, until ...

- the assert.lo file was missing, which is necessary for libgmp. That
file is nowhere in the build directory.

So now I am definitely stuck. I can try to contact the Gygwin people
and hope for the best. Or any of
you might know the solution wrt MinGW.

I don't use MinGW.. so I can't help much.. I would suggest to contact Cygwin/MinGW people explaining your problem/system.


Ciao,
 Angelo.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]