This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling GCC under Cygwin
- From: Arjen Markus <arjen dot markus895 at gmail dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:13:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compiling GCC under Cygwin
- References: <51C1F5BF dot 2050706 at alice dot it> <CAMCbSMrGdX7nJZtLb6Z7deWhYoG9TJc6L0qYH4fi41fV5DR62g at mail dot gmail dot com> <51C2230B dot 7000805 at alice dot it> <CAMCbSMpb=iad3pcPD2YgpNTKX0yb2O1J52KA_ovDqL2HcjdDJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdSYArzOxvgpW0O_6ZTq+9FY+Fy-WT7kVaGtzoY6pzpc7A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hi Jonathan,
thanks - I did indeed overlook it ;).
Regards,
Arjen
2013/6/20 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>:
> On 20 June 2013 11:00, Arjen Markus wrote:
>> Hi Angelo,
>>
>> well, the DOS-style path only caused a warning in the configure step,
>> so I assumed it was okay.
>> It was not apparently. Building out-of-source is an instruction I must
>> have missed.
>
> It's documented here http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html
> and here http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure
> and here http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC