This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Unifying the GCC Debugging Interface


On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Richard Biener
<richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to add another case which seems to be not covered in the thread.
> When dumping from inside a gdb session in many cases I cut&paste
> addresses literally.  For overloading to work I'd need to write casts
> in front of the inferior call argument.  That sounds ugly - so at least
> keep the old interfaces as well.  Or rather for debugging purposes
> provide python helpers rather than new inferior overloads.

Thanks.  I think python helpers would probably be a good idea.  I tend
to use $nn instead of the numeric values.  The $nn variables are
typed.


Diego.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]