This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Dependences for call-preserved regs on exposed pipeline target?


On 11/26/12 12:46, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:

> I wonder if "kludgy fixups" refers to the dummy-instruction solution I mentioned above.  The complete dependence graph is a myth.  You cannot have a complete dependence graph for a function -- scheduler works on DAG regions (and I doubt it will ever support anything more complex), so you would have to do something to account for inter-region dependencies anyway.
>
> It is simpler to have a unified solution that would handle both inter- and intra-region dependencies, rather than implementing two different approaches.

I retract any implication that your bypass proposal is a kludge.  I found using
bypasses to be very compact and effective.  Thanks for the extra nudge.

G


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]