This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: the struggle to create a 64-bit gcc on Solaris 10


On 10/11/2012 4:54 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 10 November 2012 20:51, Dennis Clarke wrote:
So 32-bit gcc works just fine. However I need a pile of libs all over the place ( gmp, mpfr, mpc, etc etc ) for this to work
No you don't.  If you put gmp, mpfr and mpc in the GCC source tree, or
install them with --disable-shared, then you don't need to keep the
libs around.

You know, somehow I'd missed that gcc would build the numerical libs for you if they were in tree... I'd only heard about the host tools (binutils, etc.). Does it do the same for all deps (e.g. readline) as well?


That will save a fair bit of configury work next time!

Ryan


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]