This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[rant?] g++ bug (missing uninitialized warning), bug reporting, bug searching
- From: Bruno Nery <bruno at thousandeyes dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 12:18:10 -0800
- Subject: [rant?] g++ bug (missing uninitialized warning), bug reporting, bug searching
Howdy,
The following piece of code:
=== snip ===
#include <iostream>
struct warnme
{
bool member_;
warnme(bool member) : member_(member_) {}
};
int main()
{
warnme wm(true);
std::cout << wm.member_ << std::endl;
return 0;
}
=== end snip ===
when compiled with g++ 4.7, gives me no warnings - even with
-Wuninitialized (clang++ 3.1 is fine, by the way). I then decided to
report a bug, but:
- I need to login to report a bug, and I have to create an account. Is
this a way to reduce the number of bugs GCC gets?
- I searched for uninitialized and got 156 bugs. How easy would it be
for one to check if a bug is a duplicate? Shouldn't we have some kind
of code search for bug-related snippets?
best,
--
Bruno Nery