This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: BSD licensed code OK in test suite?
On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 15:12 -0700, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 03:08 PM, Oleg Endo wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 14:59 -0700, Jeff Law wrote:
> >> On 11/07/2012 02:47 PM, Oleg Endo wrote:
> >>> Hi all,
> >>>
> >>> In PR 24129 we've got a test case that originated from some BSD licensed
> >>> code. Is it OK to add this test case 1:1 into the c torture tests?
> >>> Or is a disclaimer required such as found in
> >>> gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/pr20527-1.c ?
> >> Ideally the test would be reduced to its minimal form; at that point its
> >> copyright status would be re-evaluated.
> >>
> >
> > I'm sorry, the PR in question is 48806. 24129 is the attachment ID:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=24129
> >
> > Do you think that this needs further reduction, or would it be
> > sufficient to rename the func/var names and reformat it?
> I think it's borderline as-is.
>
> I suspect there's quite a bit of junk that can be zapped from that test.
OK, thanks for your feedback. I'll have a closer look at it and post a
patch if I can successfuly reduce it further.
Cheers,
Oleg