This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Defining scheduling resource constraint
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bernd Schmidt [mailto:bernds@codesourcery.com]
> Sent: 07 November 2012 10:48
> To: Paulo Matos
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Defining scheduling resource constraint
>
> Yes... I seem to remember the documentation is just wrong for that hook
> (and the interface is somewhat broken). As you noted, you can't just
> remove insns from the ready list without moving them somewhere else.
>
But if I can't remove an insn from the ready list (by 'remove' I mean reorder such that gcc understands that the insn should be postponed to the next cycle) in the reorder hook, I will give the adjust priorities hook a try and maybe here I can ensure that two insns that write to the same registers do not have the same priority.
--
Paulo Matos