This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bounds checking in STL containers
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:40:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: bounds checking in STL containers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/15/2012 07:14 PM, ÐÑÑÐÐÐ ÐÐÑÐÐÑÑ wrote:
Two-three generations ago g++ was very cautious about consistency checking but not now.
Not sure if this is true. The at() member function performs such
checking, but not operator.
We looked at bounds checking for operator under -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE, but
GCC isn't able to hoist the bounds check out of inner loops, so the
impact is pretty significant:
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team