Re: Ad-hoc notes from the "pending patches" BOF at the GNU tools cauldron.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Hans-Peter Nilsson
<hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> wrote:
> On a whim I hosted a BOF at the GNU tools cauldron yesterday,
> titled "pending patches" (no compliance with RFC5434 intended).

Thanks for the notes.  I want to add one point.  There are a number of
useful tools that we can imagine.  However, what we don't have is a
person willing to write and support these tools.  For several years
dannyb worked in that role (he was the compiler tools tools compiler).
 But there is nobody doing that today.  This is an area where GCC
could really use some help, ideally from a developer experienced
enough to understand what is useful and be able to take steps to
create it.

Ian