Re: [Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Enge" <andreas.enge@inria.fr>
To: <mpc-discuss@lists.gforge.inria.fr>; <gcc@gnu.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 1:13 AM
Subject: [Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
  http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
  sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3

Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').

Builds fine ands passes all 64 tests for me on i686-pc-mingw32, though I've tried only static builds.

32-bit:
GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.5.2

64 bit:
MPIR: include 2.5.1, lib 2.5.1
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.0

Math::MPC (perl) no longer builds against this library because of undefined references to 'mpc_mul_2exp' and 'mpc_div_2exp'.
Looks like those functions are no longer present - which doesn't bother me greatly.

Is there a list from which one can easily find *all* alterations that have been made to the API ?

Cheers,
Rob