libatomic -Werror problem

I am running into a problem building a multilib version of libatomic.
Because of how I configure GCC (building the mips-linux-gnu target
with the --with-synci option) some compilations will always generate
a warning while compiling the libatomic files.  See
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-06/msg00100.html for details.

This causes the libatomic build to fail because it is compiled
with -Werror which is added in the configure script.  None of the
other libraries seem to be built with -Werror.  Can we take this out?
Or should it be replaced by AC_PROG_CPP_WERROR?  I looked at the
definition of AC_PROG_CPP_WERROR in config/acx.m4 and I see it sets
ac_c_preproc_warn_flag to 'yes' but it is not clear to me what affect
that has in the configure script, if any.

I would be happy to submit a patch for this, I am just not sure what
the right fix is.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com