This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RA best is NO_REGS
- From: "Paulo J. Matos" <paulo at matos-sorge dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:03:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: RA best is NO_REGS
- References: <email@example.com>
I forgot to mention this is in 4.7.0.
4.6.3 happily assigns the right classes to the registers. I wonder if
there's any new macro in 4.7 that I haven't defined...
On 14/06/12 13:47, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
I found a problem with my port where IRA generates a spill error. After
looking at the logs I get this kind of output for the best class for the
Pass 0 for finding pseudo/allocno costs
a2 (r30,l0) best NO_REGS, allocno NO_REGS
a3 (r29,l0) best NO_REGS, allocno NO_REGS
a4 (r28,l0) best NO_REGS, allocno NO_REGS
a5 (r27,l0) best NO_REGS, allocno NO_REGS
a0 (r26,l0) best XL_REG, allocno XL_REG
a1 (r20,l0) best AL_REG, allocno AL_REG
This doesn't look good. Why NO_REGS?