Re: -fno-rtti in configure.ac breaks building go? (older g++, -disable-bootstrap)

Jay K <jay.krell@cornell.edu> writes:

> I know gccgo is actuall C++.But why was no-rtti specified? Maybe that
> is for the other code, the C code?  Thank you, sorry, I'm in a rush
> right now, - Jay

I thought I answered that earlier.  When building C++ code that is part
of GCC itself, we use -fno-rtti because GCC never uses RTTI, and using
-fno-rtti causes the compiler to be smaller.  So there is an advantage
to using -fno-rtti, and there is no benefit to using -frtti.  So we use
-fno-rtti.

You are running into a problem with that, but the problem has nothing to
do with mainline GCC.  It is a bug in GCC 4.0.  It's unfortunate that
GCC 4.0 has a bug with -fno-rtti, but there is no way that we
retroactively fix that.

Ian