From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of Iyer, Balaji V
Sent: 17 May 2012 00:01
To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'
Subject: Vectorizer question

Hello Everyone,
	I have a question regarding the vectorizer. In the following code below...

Int func (int x, int y)
{
	If (x==y)
		Return (x+y);
	Else
		Return (x-y);
}

If we force the x and y to be vectors of vectorlength 4, then will the if-statement get a vector of booleans or does it get 1 boolean that compares 2 very large values? I guess another way to ask is that, will it logically break it up into 4 if-statements or just 1?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.

PS. Please CC me in response  so that I can get to it quickly.