This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate 32-bits HP-PA for GCC 4.8?
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at debian dot org>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, John David Anglin <danglin at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 19:49:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Deprecate 32-bits HP-PA for GCC 4.8?
- References: <CABu31nPBjtp4h+LpVTDkLjPE=9dm3auxCyk6LjHTaCQADxB3xg@mail.gmail.com>
On 07.05.2012 19:33, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> GCC is well into stage 1 for GCC 4.8, but I haven't seen any proposals
> for targets to be deprecated. I have one I would like to put on the
> list, so here's something to start a discussion with:
> Deprecate all support for 32-bits HP-PA. This includes HP-UX10, and
> PA-7000 and older.
would that include the parisc-linux port? This port still has 32bit user land,
and I'm not aware of a parisc64-linux user land, although most machines run
using a 64bit kernel.