Re: making sizeof(void*) different from sizeof(void(*)())

On 4/30/2012 4:16 AM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
Peter,

We have a working backend for an Harvard Architecture chip where
function pointer and data pointers have necessarily different sizes. We
couldn't do this without changing GCC itself in strategic places and
adding some extra support in our backend. We haven't used address spaces
or any other existing GCC solution.

Sounds like a useful set of changes to have in the main sources, since this is hardly a singular need!