Re: Undefined constant is crashing streams - g++ bug?

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012, Daniel Marschall wrote:

I think I have found a bug in G++ . Please submit it to the bug tracker (I do not want to open an account there) if you think it is a bug - I am not sure about it.

Opening an account is not that bad. The right list to ask for help is gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org, please post any follow-up there.

While I worked with "search+replace" I accidently had following in my source code:

const char* DUMMY = DUMMY;

It is amaazing that this code actually does compile. And no warning is output at all.

-Winit-self http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Warning-Options.html#index-Winit_002dself-289

(it won't warn if you write that line in the global scope, but it does inside a function)

--
Marc Glisse