Re: Should gcc give warning for this case?

Qun-Ying <zhu.qunying@gmail.com> writes:
> No warning at all.  Should gcc warn about the *next pointer points to
> an unknown structure?  I know it is allow by the standard, but most of
> the case, it indicates some error in the code.

Hmm?  Where do you expect to warn?

You never dereference the pointer, so there's no error, and
un-dereferenced pointers to unknown structures are not uncommon in C
programs, so a warning about this would result in many false
positives...

-miles

--
Freebooter, n. A conqueror in a small way of business, whose annexations lack
of the sanctifying merit of magnitude.