This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 2.8.1 for i370
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: "Paul Edwards" <mutazilah at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:15:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 2.8.1 for i370
- References: <AD93A16C8A6B4DCCA1F264E5BEF2BF8D@PaulHP>
"Paul Edwards" <email@example.com> writes:
> It seems to me that in addition to doing a strcmp to cc1, I would
> also have needed to do a strcmp to cccp. Can someone confirm
> that GCC 2.8.1 and GCC 3.4.6 differ in that respect - ie there
> was an extra executable (cccp) in GCC 2.8.1 when doing that
> task of converting from C to assember (ie compile only, no
That sounds right. cccp was integrated into cc1 around 3.0.
If MVS has anything like a batch file or shell script, I think it would
be easier to have the gcc driver print the commands that it wants to
execute to a file. Then have a batch job run gcc and then run the
commands the it prints out.