Re: GCC 2.8.1 for i370

"Paul Edwards" <mutazilah@gmail.com> writes:

> It seems to me that in addition to doing a strcmp to cc1, I would
> also have needed to do a strcmp to cccp. Can someone confirm
> that GCC 2.8.1 and GCC 3.4.6 differ in that respect - ie there
> was an extra executable (cccp) in GCC 2.8.1 when doing that
> task of converting from C to assember (ie compile only, no
> assembly)?

That sounds right.  cccp was integrated into cc1 around 3.0.

If MVS has anything like a batch file or shell script, I think it would
be easier to have the gcc driver print the commands that it wants to
execute to a file.  Then have a batch job run gcc and then run the
commands the it prints out.

Ian