Re: target specific builtin expansion (middle end and back end definition inconsistence problem?).

Feng LI <nemokingdom@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, you are right. But how could I reference to a backend defined builtin
> function in the middle end (I need to generate the builtin function in the
> middle end and expand it in x86 backend)?

If the function doesn't have a machine-independent definition, then use
a target hook.

(That said I've thought for a while that we need better mechanisms for
target-specific optimization passes.  If we had those I would tell you
to write one.  E.g., reg-stack.c is a target-specific pass.)

Ian